Friday, October 29, 2010

Leaving Tracks


Countless people espouse the virtues of journaling - often because it encourages one to be introspective and/or reflective. After blogging for six months during our New Zealand Adventure (December 2009-May 2010), I fully appreciate why journaling is recommended. For me, blogging became a terrific way to preserve my memories. While living in Rotorua, I found myself looking forward to photographing and recording our extraordinary experiences. This exercise encouraged me to look for and appreciate the uniqueness of every day and every adventure. Five months later I still find myself taking pictures of everyday life and considering how I would I document my observations and impressions. I wish I had kept a diary or journal years ago.

So starting today, I intend to keep document those days, people, events, and feelings,that I want to savor or, at the very least, recall. I won't be broadcasting my intent because leaving these tracks will obviously be far more interesting to me than to anyone else.

1 comment:

  1. FYI- I am very excited about this blog and looking forward to reading about/seeing your tracks!

    ReplyDelete