Monday, January 23, 2012

The Best Birthday Presence of All


Not a typo. My November birthday falls on or around Thanksgiving, and this past Thanksgiving holiday attracted our kids (and company) from their remote locations to our home on Hayden Lake. Consequently, I could not have asked for better birthday presents than the presence of my family and friends.



We happily reopened and dusted the Lake Place for the Thanksgiving weekend and our all-too-rare family reunion. This time we were also joined by Paul's mom Sue, Becky's friend Adam and Sam's friend Megan. In addition to Idaho, the states of Florida, Texas, Washington, California, and Wisconsin, were represented during my birthday weekend.













Food and celebratory drinks were on the agenda, along with jigsaw puzzles, robust board games, and outdoor pursuits.

The release of my long-awaited family cookbook prompted an impromptu signing by the self-published author. (The cookbook, however, will be the subject of future blog.)


My birthday could not have been brighter, literally.



But sharing our Thanksgiving table and savoring a multitude of blessings was upfront and center.

2 comments:

  1. Thanksgiving in Idaho was wonderful. So glad we could be there to help celebrate your birthday, Mom. All of these pictures make me smile! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a treat spending Thanksgiving and your birthday as a complete family in Idaho. I love the pictures you picked for this post! Such a great long weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete