Saturday, April 14, 2012

All the Sense in the World


There are a number of highly recommended restaurants in and around Palm Desert, but we hit a home run when we chose to eat at Sense. I had a good feeling when I called for reservations because the person answering the phone recognized my (208) area code and said she used to live in Idaho!

Teri, Susan, Tom, and I, were warmly greeted by Andrea who operates Sense with her husband/chef Robert Douglas. Interestingly, the couple lived in North Idaho while Chef Robert cooked for Coeur d’Alene’s upscale golf course Gozzer Ranch. They left Idaho four years ago to open Sense, and Robert has been winning rave reviews for his inventive menus ever since.


Locally grown and produced foods are featured every night, so it was nearly impossible to choose from the diverse range of offerings. Everything served is made from scratch, but the highlight of the evening for me was Chef Robert’s incredible Blue Cheese Cake dessert.




We were delighted to meet the chef and personally give him kudos for our fabulous dinner. Better yet, Chef Robert kept a promise he made by emailing me his Blue Cheese Cake recipe a week later.



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Idaho connections. Your restaurant visit wouldn't have been complete without the standard photo with the chef... can't believe you snagged a recipe, too!

    ReplyDelete