Saturday, September 1, 2018

Likin' LACMA

April 2014

My whirlwind trip to visit Becky in Los Angeles included a stop at LACMA - Los Angeles County Museum of Art.  My Art Study Club would have been proud of me - and jealous.  We could have spent two days studying the beautiful, famous works of art.  Two hours wasn't nearly long enough. 







Jackson Pollock's "Number 1" - 1949





And because I started my career with AT & T, I have to include Andy Warhol's "Telephone" - 1961.





I didn't note the artist, but I love mixed media and Easter was right around the corner.







Pablo Picasso's "Portrait of Sebastian Juner Vidal" - 1903








Andy Warhol's "Campell Soup Can" -  1964





"The Dancers" by Edgar Degas, 1898







"Still Life with Bread and Fruit" by Diego Rivera, 1917






Auguste Rodin's "Eve" - 1881


And then there was an installation of dresses by designer icon Diane Von Furstenberg.  The collection featured her infamous wrap dress.
Her designs ARE works of art, and I was thrilled to see them...

until I was overtaken with grief.  I spotted my all-time favorite dress...a dress I wore to its death and miss to this day.  
SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. You should provide StitchFix with a picture of that dress. I bet they could find it for you, Mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got such a kick out of knowing you were on the cutting edge when you wore a DVF wrap dress! Great trip to LACMA!

    ReplyDelete