Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Miracle on 34th Street










After a thought-provoking morning at Ground Zero, we completely shifted gears and took the subway to Broadway and 34th - home of the original Macy's. This miracle on 34th Street is so large it has its own zip code (for the record, 10001). Macy's famous holiday windows are always enchanting, and this year's display reminded us (and Virginia) that there IS a Santa Claus.

We allowed ourselves only two hours of feverish Christmas shopping at the World's Largest Store - hardly enough time to sort out the myriad of departments, escalators and elevators. As we left the store we caught a glimpse of the nearby Empire State Building and remembered ourselves to Herald Square.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Macy's and sure wish there were one closer to me in Navarre. I always feel like I get such great value for my money. It is particularly fun to get lost in the flagship Macy's during the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The New York Macy's is quite an impressive store! I still have a velvet dress I bought there on my last visit. Remember the walkie talkies? I will say that I felt the hugeness of Harrods in London when searching the floors. I think I need to do a better job at Macy's NYC to experience the vastness... time for another trip!

    ReplyDelete