Monday, November 29, 2010

The North Pole!




One of my chief reasons for traveling with Tom to Alaska in late November was to mail our Christmas cards from the North Pole. Okay, from North Pole, Alaska. To accomplish this took considerable advanced planning on my part and some additional heavy lifting on Tom's part (10 extra pounds in his carry-on). It was worth it. With all the changes and moving around we've done during the past 18 months I'm still trying to educate people about our new mailing address.

The postal clerk wasn't surprised to see a non-resident come to the counter with a load of cards, and she patiently let me take a few snapshots of the North Pole postmark. I'm glad I beat the rush.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mom! We received your Christmas card today - loved the pictures, letter, and of course, the NORTH POLE postmark! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! This is one of the few envelopes that I will keep (with the card and the great picture, which is currently on the fridge). I bet Dad felt like Santa toting around a bag full of Christmas joy and greetings. Good planning, Mom!

    ReplyDelete