Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Hills Were Alive









On Day 3, the hills and mountains around Sun Mountain Lodge were alive with hikers, bikers and wildflower enthusiasts. The Gourmands were on their own to divide and conquer the beautiful environment around us. Armed with sunglasses and my camera, I headed out Kraule Trail with the trailhead just steps away from our Mt. Robinson suite.
























The undulating trail gave me terrific views of the Methow Valley and North Cascade Mountains. Wildflowers were spectacular, and the trail was well marked with signs telling about the geology, flora and fauna of the area. I discovered an old homestead settlement at the end of the trail - now used for dishing up barbecues for horseback riders.












The only wildlife I encountered were Tom on his mountain bike and several black-tailed deer awaiting my return outside my door.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like quite the majestic adventure in the Great Outdoors. Nature called and you answered with the sound of music... or maybe just the click of the shutter. Your fauna and fawns make me miss the green beauty of the Pacific Northwest!

    ReplyDelete