Thursday, July 14, 2011

Leadership Coeur d'Alene's Silver Anniversary






In 1985, under the direction of then General Manager Sandy Emerson, the Chamber of Commerce launched "Leadership Coeur d'Alene." For 25 years this yearlong program has given aspiring civic leaders a forum to develop knowledge and understanding of the community.

To celebrate Leadership's Silver Anniversary, a recent class of up and comers organized a reunion of all past participants. This social gathering sounded like fun, so I up and went to the event held at Elkpoint overlooking Lake Coeur d'Alene.

As a graduate of the Class of '87 I was disappointed that none of my fellow classmates showed up for the party. However, plenty of other would-be/now-are leaders gathered to celebrate the program's sterling history of fostering community involvement.

I credit Leadership Coeur d'Alene with giving me an opportunity to hear from key leaders and discuss critical issues in an informal learning environment. Moreover, this program connected me to some of the finest citizens in the area and inspired me to roll up my sleeves and dig into worthwhile charitable endeavors.

2 comments:

  1. Despite the poor turnout from your class, it looks like a well-attended event. I hope you had fun rubbing elbow's with north Idaho's "it" people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have been there Sue but I never receive any notices about anything to do with Leadership Coeur d' Alene. Its weird.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete