Saturday, March 3, 2012

Man Down! My Version of the South Beach Diet


As careful as I was, I became the first victim of a put-me-out-of-my-misery intestinal bacterial infection. Though I had avoided tap water and uncooked food, I inadvertently discovered the quickest weight-loss program since the 1999 community center campaign. But that's another story.

I lost a day of work, but our home host Ann became MY medical missionary. She looked in on me throughout the day, offering me noodle soup - and, most importantly - a bucket by my bed.

Within 48 hours, the entire team was put on Cipro - either symptomatically or prophylactically. Constant hydration with bottled water and Gatorade in any color was paramount. God Bless Cipro. Don't leave home without it.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds ROUGH! On the positive side, I think you deserve a new outfit to flatter your leaner bacteria-ridden body after this ordeal!

    ReplyDelete